This recipe for Raspberry White Chocolate Scones is one of my absolute favourites. Not only is it an amazingly easy scone recipe, the taste is an absolute delight.
There is no doubt that these scones will wow your friends. It combines the classic taste combination of Raspberry and White Chocolate with the texture of a traditional Scone.
Making them with double cream, gives them a rich and indulgent taste and also a really crisp outside and soft middle.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Scones
- 250 grams Plain Flour
- 100 grams Granulated Sugar
- 2.5 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100 grams Butter
- 125 grams Double Cream
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 150 grams Frozen Raspberries
- 100 grams White Chocolate
- Sieve the Plain Flour into a mixing bowl and add the Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt.
- Rub in the butter, taking care not to handle the mixture too much.
- Whisk the Double Cream, Egg, and Vanilla Essence in a bowl and pour into the mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients together with your hands or a fork. The mixture should be very wet and sticky.
- Chop the White Chocolate into chunks approx 1 cm square and add to the dough with the frozen Raspberries. Mix them into the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the mixture into a circle about 2.5 cm deep. I usually shape this by hand as the dough is too sticky for a rolling pin and it is easy to shape. Cut into 8 triangles and place on a lightly floured baking tray.
- Brush the top of the Scones with a little cream and sprinkle each with a little sugar. Place the baking tray in the fridge for 15 mins to cool the Scones before putting them in the oven (this helps to reduce spreading)
- Heat the oven to Fan 190 / Electric 200 / Gas Mark 5
- After Chilling for 15 mins and once the oven is at temperature, put into the oven on the top shelf and cook for 20-25 mins.
- Once the outside is crisp and golden brown, remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
If you have any questions, or have made our recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you.
Check out our other recipes too. All are perfect for an Afternoon Tea Party.