- All items, including those hired and the packaging the hired items were delivered in, remain the property of Derby Vintage China Hire at all times.
- All items hired remain the responsibility of the hirer, until collected by Derby Vintage China Hire. This includes loss or damage by third parties such as caterers or at the venue of the event.
- If you have any questions about these terms and conditions please ask prior to booking, as the payment of the 50% Rental Fee is deemed to be acceptance of the terms.
- 50% of the Rental Fee is payable on booking. This is non-refundable within 90 days of the event as other bookings may have been declined to ensure availability for your event.
- The balance of the Rental Fee, the Delivery Charge if applicable and the Damage Deposit is due 14 days prior to event. We accept cash, cheque or direct bank transfer. For orders made less than 14 days prior to an event full Rental Fee, the Delivery Charge if Applicable and the Damage Deposit is required at the time of booking
Delivery and Collection
- The prices quoted are for one days use. The items will be delivered to you on the day before your event between 2pm and 6pm, and collected on the day after the event between 9am and 1pm (unless alternate arrangements were agreed by us at the time of booking and noted on the Order).
If you are not available to receive/return or the china is not ready for collection when we arrive, £20 per hour waiting time will be deducted from the deposit. Longer hire periods may be available at the time of booking (subject to other bookings), please ask when booking.
We agree to deliver and collect orders over £50 free of charge within 25 miles of Derby. For the avoidance of doubt, mileage will be taken as the shortest route on a Google Maps search from DE1 1AA to the delivery address. Orders under £50, or for mileage above the 25 miles, will be charged at 45p per mile. A quote for additional mileage will be provided at the time of ordering, and payment of the deposit required (50% of Rental Fee) is deemed to be acceptance of the quoted charges
- Delivery and Collection must be from the same address unless specified at the time of ordering.
Cancellations and Amendments
Cancellations must be made at least 14 days prior to the event, or the remaining 50% of the Rental Fee will be due. Cancellations must be made in writing, either by email or Recorded Delivery.
- Cancellations made more than 90 days prior to the event will receive a full refund of all monies paid. Cancellations must be made in writing, either by email or Recorded Delivery.
Non Payment of the full Rental Fee, plus Damage Deposit, and Delivery Charges if applicable, at least 14 days before the event, will be deemed to be cancellation.
- Order requirements must be finalised 14 days prior to the event date. We will do our best to accommodate any additional items required that were not booked at the time of the original order, however we cannot guarantee that these will be available. Please note order alterations within this period will be charged at original hire price if less than original invoice. Additional items will be charged at normal hire prices on top of original invoice price.
Returnable damage deposit equal to the order value is required with the balance of the Rental Fee 14 days prior to the event.
- Items that are returned damaged or are lost (which includes items not returned at the time of collection), will be charged at 5 times the current listed Hire Price for the item on our website. In the unlikely event that the Damage Deposit does not cover the surcharge for damage, or loss, an invoice will be issued and the Damage Deposit set against it, with the balance due within 30 days. If you are planning a large event and are concerned about the possibility of damage to our China, we recommend that you take out Event Insurance with a Reputable Insurer.
Caring for our China
- Due to the nature of vintage items there may be signs of wear, such as to gilt, but there will be NO cracks to the china
Due to the delicate nature of our china, we will undertake any washing up after the items have been collected. It is your responsibility to ensure that any one helping at your event, whether voluntary or employed for the event, including caterers, the venue etc, are aware that the items should not be washed and specifically no abrasives should be used at any time on the china.
- In preparation for collection, please remove any food and liquid from the china before repacking the items in the same manner as when they were delivered. A list of items will be provided in each packaging box for you to use as a checklist.
- We accept no responsibility in the event of any injury, accident or damage caused by the use of or the presence of the hired items, or the packaging they were supplied in, whilst they are hired to you. This includes both the delivery and collection days.