Cheese and Bacon Muffins are a delicious savoury addition to any Afternoon Tea Party, or are perfect in a lunch box.
These are easy to make, and delicious served warm.
Cheese and Bacon Muffins
A light, savoury muffin which are easy to make but totally delicious.
Servings 12 Muffins
- 250 grams Self-Raising Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 80 grams Butter
- 200 ml Milk
- 100 grams Mature Cheddar
- 100 grams Cook Bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170C Fan / 180C / Gas Mark 3. Grease a 12 hole Muffin tin, or use paper cases.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, backing powder, bicarbonate of soda, cayenne pepper and onion salt. Add the grated cheese and cooked bacon and mix well.
- Melt the butter
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and oil. Add the melted butter and milk and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl, and fold in.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. The muffins should be firm to the touch and golden brown.